Who We Are
We are residents of Kirkland, on the eastside of Seattle. We include a diverse group, with a variety of backgrounds, political positions, and priorities. We come together to offer support to each other in trying to achieve all of our community goals. In a time when it can be overwhelming to keep up with the news, much less influence it, there’s great value in having a group of people to help share that burden. We focus on issues such as healthcare, education, gun safety, climate change, social justice, civil rights, voting rights, and immigration.
We Amplify the Voices of Our Members by
- Interacting with our members of Congress, at both the state and federal levels
- Interacting with local elected officials, like city council members and mayors
- Researching issues and legislation; sharing this research with the larger group
- Attending community events, Kirkland City Council meetings, and LWSD School Board meetings
- Working with other organizations, like the ACLU or FuseWA, to further our goals